Covid 19 Contingency plan Purple beard
Purple Beard is committed to its Staff, Students and Stakeholders safety as a result of COVID-19 Pandemic. After carrying out a Risk assessment and consulting our Staff members.
We have put the following measures in place to reopen the exam centre in July 2020. We need to ensure everyone is safe and protected by the measures we have in place.
Online tech courses:
Safety measures for online delivery
Our online tech courses will be running as normal in fact we are committed to supporting all of our students complete their programs with minimum disruption during this time of chaos and uncertainty.
In order to safeguard students who are on other programs. We will continue to deliver all other programs online till it is safe.
We will support all of our learners via additional calls, chat and email services to ensure that they do not feel isolated and are fully supported.
Safety measures for face to face delivery
- The Exam centre has a reduced capacity due to social distancing measures in place.
- All seating will be spaced at 2 metres apart all facing in different directions away from each other.
- The Invigilator will be seated at the front of the room and will be 2 metres apart from all students. The Invigilator will always be wearing a mask and will use gloves to open doors etc to allow students to enter.
- All students will be required to wear a mask or face covering which covers the nose and mouth ,We will only make exceptions for disabled students or students that suffer from breathing difficulties who are unable to wear a mask however, we do request that we are informed prior to the exam regarding any special assessments in order for us to seat the candidate in the best possible location to prevent risk to others.
- Face masks / coverings will not be provided by the centre, therefore it is the students responsibility to bring them to the exam.
- Hand Sanitiser will be supplied at the centre and all students will be asked to hand sanitise when entering the room. Hand sanitisers are also place all across the building.
- A tissue will be issued to every student and must be used if they need to cough or sneeze . This will be immediately disposed of by the students in the bins.
- All workstations and equipment will be cleaned with Anti- bacterial cleaner before and after each session.
- Candidates are required to bring their own pens and calculators to ensure that the risk of spread of the virus does not take place.
- We will not use a shared register due to the spread risk of sharing paper documents.
- All ID will be held up shown to the invigilator keeping the 2 metre distance.
CII – Update on exams and test centres
If you are a candidate and have any queries please contact customer services at email@example.com.
The page is regularly updated. Please check this page before travelling to our centre.